If you decide to hire me as your professional labor support;
During your pregnancy;
- I will provide you with certified childbirth preparation individually tailored to your
family or I can attend childbirth classes of your choice.
- We can include prenatal yoga based exercises or I can refer you to a local class.
- We will explore your options and you will be prepared to make informed choices regarding
- It it comforts you to hear your baby's heart beat we will listen.
- photos optional
- belly casting optional
at 36 weeks I consider myself 'on-call' to you. I am available 24 hours a day, 7
days a week. By email, home or cell. When you decide you are ready for me to attend you I will come.
During your labor, while at home;
- You will ask your care provider whether it is best for you to rest or be active and I
will support you to do either.
- I can help your partner to support you the way you want to be supported.
- I will offer rebozo, warm rice bag, birth ball, aromatherapy, walking in the sand, soothing
touch and a variety of *tricks of the trade.
- I can integrate the interest and participation of siblings.
- photos optional.,
During your Birth, In the Hospital or at home
- My experience will help to assure and guide you.
- I will help explain medical terminology and technology you may have questions about.
- I will provide you with soothing touch, suggestions for positional changes, props
- Photos optional and with permission from medical provider.
Postpartum (after your birth);
- Immediately postpartum I stay untill you no longer need me, generally an hour or so.
- Breastfeeding support.
- A home or hospital visit 1-3 days postpartum.
- A home visit 2-4 weeks postpartum where I look forward to sharing pictures and memories.
Fees for birth doula/labor support services start at $650.00.
- unlimited phone contact for questions or support
- Childbirth classes with a certified educator
- Prenatal exercise
- Schedule blocking to be on call for you from 36 -42 weeks + post partum visits.
- Unlimited, uninterrupted hours with you during your labor, birth and immediate post-partum
Options include additional post partum support, post partum support after birth by cesarean,
photography, prenatal, postpartum or labor support massage *and prenatal yoga*.
I do not offer medical nor midwifery services.
I can provide recommendations to massage therapists, chiropractors, counselors,
licensed homebirth midwives and local obstetricians based on any special needs/interests you may have.
Sliding scale and service trades available.
*Referrals for massage are to Rebecca Belcher, licensed in Florida since 1997 MA25701
*Referrals for yoga made to Margarida Tree http://www.oneyogaplanet.com/